Posted by admin
on Jan 28, 2012 in review
| 1 comment
This month my wife’s 2 years old Nokia E63 is damaged that it rendered unusable because my lovely 3 y.o. daughter was poring water on it. So, I had to buy her a new one. Several minutes window shopping, finally decided to choose a Nokia –quite– new release: Nokia Asha 303. Nokia got me bad at 1Ghz processor speed (Nokia E63 was 600MHz, so, I have a high hope on Nokia 303).
I believe there are a lot positive review out there about Nokia Asha 303. So, here’s my more “negative” review so you know what they didn’t tell you in the promotional campaign:
- It’s a S40 device. This is a big let down for me. No .sis/.sisx this led to a lot of disappointment (I come from S60 devices).
- So, S40, means you can’t install office-like application, not even a simple text editor (mobile java-based text editor is crap!). This hinder me when trying to open just a merely .txt file.
- You don’t have a filemanager and you can’t install a good one (I don’t know if there even any Java-based filemanager there) . There’s only “Gallery” and Storage media manager there. The phone also had no “Menu” button and “Home” button had to press “Back” several times in order to be back to home screen. Almost everything is done via touch interface which kinda eat the screen estates.
- The font is just too big for me. You can’t go lower with the font. Bigger yes, lower no..
- 1Ghz? Nice, isn’t it? Yeah nice but what does it mean to have so powerful computing potential if there aren’t good applications making use of this speed. Even tough already had fast speed, eBuddy still lacking of speed, decided to uninstall it. Nokia chat application is your only good choice to chat!
- Angry Birds for Nokia Asha 303 is good. Smooth and without a glitch. It’s also dirt cheap to upgrade to full version (but still limited to 105 level, not so many compared to Android’s version). I my country it is just Rp3000,00 or about 40 cents. But that’s it, other games are crap.. even game made by Gameloft (except that Brainy-thing-game, it’s good and worth the upgrade).
- No flash for your camera!! Don’t even think about taking picture in the night.
- Can’t watch video from Youtube! We supposedly access the Youtube page via Nokia own’s browser and when clicking on Youtube video links, Nokia media player would play the video for us. But in real life it never work! Trying to find Youtube application? Forget it, there isn’t any for Nokia Asha 303!
- It comes with free Nokia Music for 6 months. But the music library is also not updated and only had local artists (I’m from Indonesia).
- No data cable included! Use bluetooth to transfer files from/to your PC.
That’s it for my “negative” review for Nokia Asha 303.
Related Posts via Taxonomies